About the College
The Faculty of Medicine was established in 1977 where it was enrolled in Mustansiriya University in Baghdad and started teaching in the academic year 1978-1979. In the academic year 1979-1980, the Faculty was transferred to Kufa city. The first batch of students graduated from the Faculty in 1983/1984. In 1987,the University of Kufa was established and the Faculty of medicine joined it then the number of students accepted and graduated have increased. The number of years of study in the Faculty is six years. The graduate student is awarded a Bachelor’s Degree in General Medicine and Surgery. The Faculty is located in the province of Najaf at Kufa city.
Be the leading medical school in graduating tomorrow’s physicians, researchers, and scientists committed to provide and promote quality health care appropriate to the society and community needs.
- Developing and updating the clinical program to graduate competent Day 1 Doctors providing outstanding health care.
- Committing to the highest standards of ethics, integrity, compassionate care and professionalism.
- Working with the health sector to provide outstanding patient-centered and multidisciplinary teamwork during health care delivery.
- Providing significant resources for addressing local, national and international public health problems during both undergraduate & postgraduate curriculum.
- Appling advanced research results and evidence-based medicine to the betterment of the human condition.
- Ensuring the highest international standards for postgraduate clinical & basic biomedical programs.
- Creating an educational environment for faculty and staff through continuous professional development.
- Advocating the national and local policies toward providing excellent patient care through collaboration with Health sector.